CONFRONTING THREATS WITH THANKSGIVING Daniel 6:10
‘Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room with his windows open toward Jerusalem he knelt down on his knees three times that day and prayed and GAVE THANKS before this God, as was his custom since early days” (Daniel 6:10, emphasis added)
Daniel belongs to the upper echelon of the all-time super stars. His excellent lifestyle and exploits still echo till date. He rose to limelight in a foreign land though he started out as a slave. He weathered various storms and became truly great amidst persecutions.
Such a life is worth studying and emulating. I have the singular honor to share with you a key truth from Daniel’s life. As we celebrate the Lord’s goodness and love to us over the 3rd Quarter of 2019, the Lord wants to equip our lives with a top truth: when there is a threat, confront it with thanksgiving. When you do, your testimony is sure.
Daniel as a Case Study
There was a plot against Daniel by the entire 120 Satraps and 2 Governors especially when Daniel was about to be placed above all the king’s officials (vv 1-3). They made a royal statute and decreed that no one should pray to any god except that statute within 30 days. Whoever goes against the decree is to be cast into the lion’s den. Then, they made King Darius sign the written decree.
When Daniel heard about it, he went home and stuck to his convictions. He prayed and GAVE THANKS. What did he thank God for:
- The event itself
- The grand agenda God has for the event
- The privilege to be part of the event
- The end shall bring glory to God
- The event will lead to a new testimony
This is a huge step of faith. You know the end of the story. Huge victory!
- When we give thanks, God takes charge. In verse 22, Daniel said ‘My God…’ when you thank God, He gets mobilized on your matter. With praise, God cannot be passive.
- When we give thanks, we get connected to the supernatural. In verse 22, angelic beings were dispatched to stop the mouth of the lions. Every act of thanksgiving attracts the supernatural. Thanksgiving provokes the supernatural.
- When we give thanks, we become unbeatable. Daniel gave thanks in his room, when he got to the lion’s den, he became untouchable. No matter the threats, thanksgiving will always make you a winner.
Beloved, keep thanking God and keep triumphing despite of all threats.